Interested candidates can download the application and bring the completed application to our office:
1805 Fourth Street • Harvey, LA 70058
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
BW Terminals, Inc. is an independent developer and operator of agricultural, petroleum and chemical liquid terminal storage facilities headquartered in the New Orleans, Louisiana area. BW Terminals currently has three terminal sites located in Westwego, Louisiana; Harvey, Louisiana; and Brunswick Georgia, with a total storage capacity of approximately 2.5 million barrels. The BW Terminals facilities are equipped to store a wide range of petroleum, chemical and agricultural products. The company was recently acquired by institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
- Load or assist in loading/unloading of trucks, railcars and marine vessels.
- Conduct tank sampling and other quality assurance activities.
- Gauge terminal tanks before receipt of product by the truck, railcar or marine tanker vessel.
- Update and organize appropriate documentation.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written procedures.
- Utilize computers to log information, complete required training.
- Perform automatic and manual readings for tanks, boilers, pressure gauges, etc.
- Perform housekeeping on various pieces of terminal equipment and/or terminal grounds involving physical labor activities such as lifting, hammering, wrenching, pulling or climbing.
- Notify Supervisor if there are problems with terminal automation systems and all related equipment.
- Keep appropriate documentation up to date, organized, and readily available.
- Knowledge of terminal equipment, regulatory requirements, terminal maintenance and computer operations.
- Successfully and effectively follow all health, safety, security, environmental (HSSE) and operational practices and procedures.
- Ability to monitor and maintain equipment in a manner that will allow for safe, efficient operations 24/7.
- Ability to work alone at times which will require a high level of motivation and initiative.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks.
- Able and willing to work up to 12 hours a shift.
- Ability to work at heights and over water.
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time and in any weather conditions.
- Willing to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at times.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be physically qualified, including but not limited to, the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or drag hoses and equipment of up to 50 pounds in weight and climb heights up to 50 feet.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have good communications skills and technical language with ability to check for understanding to eliminate miscommunications.
- Must have ability to work effectively with others.
- Must have solid math skills (that meet requirements of the job including addition/subtraction,
- percentages and fractions).
- Must demonstrate initiative and be an effective member of work team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Previous terminal experience is preferred by not required.